Friday, May 8, 2020

What Kinds of Cybersecurity Jobs Are There

Now keep in mind that cybersecurity is a really broad field. So there’s a bunch of different things that you can specialize in. So, one of the things that some people look at is things like physical security. In fact, I’ve actually even got a little lock-picking toolkit right here that I usually demonstrate in the security classes that I teach. With two tiny little pieces of metal, granted this one’s a see-through lock, just so students can actually see how these little padlocks work. But you stick these in here in just the right way, and without even really looking at it, it shouldn’t really take that long to actually pick a little lock like this. And this is actually taking a little bit longer than I normally take, but as you can see, I wasn’t looking at the lock. I was looking at the camera here. And getting past these types of things is something that some of the hackers and the people in cybersecurity really actually enjoy. And I can certainly see why.

But besides physical security of course there’s also things like software security and operating systems. You’ve got getting past routers, breaking into IoT devices or internet of things. So there’s a bunch of different things that you can do to get into cybersecurity.

If we don’t do this, then we don’t get this good transfer of knowledge and we don’t get the best solutions possible by learning from mistakes and incorporating new ideas and new techniques.

I learned this really early on when I started working at the age of 12 and was working with adults primarily. I wasn’t working with my peers, so I got a chance to interact with adults and learn how they behaved, how they work and the things that motivated them. And I think that really helped me a lot later in my career and separated me from my peers in some way by being more aware of that.

In fact, when I was older and in my teens, I actually felt more comfortable at times around adults than I did around my peers because I had worked with them and interacted with them in different and interesting ways.

I think the people who get that experience early on are better equipped when they come into the workforce rather than just interacting with their peers. They’re not so awed by the whole experience of having to work with individuals whom they see as their parents or their superiors or their older brother or sister. They can see them as a coworker and not necessarily as an authority figure.
More info: net+ certification salary

No comments:

Post a Comment