Friday, December 18, 2020

Getting into IT with CompTIA A+

“It wasn’t a good time for a cross-country move,” he explained. But in a twist of fate, the recruiter he’d contacted while he was in the process of earning his certification told him about an IT analyst/help desk position with a government agency in Michigan. He applied for and landed the job, proving that it’s possible to get into IT without a degree.

“I went from having no IT experience in February 2020 to earning the CompTIA A+ certification and getting a competitive IT job by the beginning of April that same year,” Clark said. “Earning CompTIA A+ gave me the advantage I needed to get that job.”

“I had zero knowledge of IT at that point. I knew I needed to get an IT certification to make myself a viable candidate for the job, so I decided to pursue the CompTIA A+ certification,” Clark said. “My lack of IT experience intimidated me somewhat. However, since I was coachable, hungry to earn the certification and had a whatever-it-takes attitude, I knew I had a shot at passing the exam.”

He let the hiring manager know that he planned to earn CompTIA A+ before the start of the job, and he was offered an interview.

More Info: entry level it certifications

No comments:

Post a Comment